Our client based in Durban is seeking a candidate who will be responsible for ensuring appropriate budgeting, managing tax payments and performing internal audits and to ensure that financial and nonfinancial reports are complete, accurate and prepared timeously in the company.
Key Performance Areas:
· General ledger management
· Cash book maintenance
· Creditors Payments management
· Petty cash control management
· Monthly Reconciliations of accounts
· Preparation and capturing of journal entries
· Manage all accounting records and ensure a proper filing system with the assistance of the finance
· Perform value add activities by willing to assist team members.
· Adherence of policies and procedures
· Ensure that all company assets are insured and directors have liability cover.
· Capture approved budget on to Pastel.
· Ensure all additions and disposals are correctly captured into fixed asset register & all invoices are
filed in the fixed asset file.
· Ensure that all additions have an approved CAPEX form and it is filed accordingly.
· Ensure that all disposed assets have an approved disposal form.
· Ensure that all assets are tagged immediately after delivery.
· Ensure that new assets are immediately added on insurance policy
· Responsible for preparing monthly management accounts and monthly cash flow report
· Assist with the preparation of Annual Integrated report.
· Prepare Employees tax and VAT submission for FM’s review.
· Assist with the preparation of the annual budgets.
· Responsible for Treasury activities and liaising with Banks
The following minimum requirements (qualifications, experience and attributes) must be met in order to
be considered for this position:
· B.Com Accounting and relevant Post Graduate qualification in Accounting will be an added
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience and preferably in the financial services environment.
· 3 years of serving articles preferably from the Big 4 Financial institutions would be an added
advantage. FAIS RE5 and RE1
· Knowledgeable of Accounting Standards-GAAP
· Knowledgeable of PFMA, BCEA, IFRS, Companies Act, Good communications skills both written and