11 May Legal Manager: Special Projects
Legal Manager: Special Projects (12-month Contract position)
The main purpose of the job is to manage the delivery of special legal projects within the
Company Legal Department, including, but not limited to the following:
a) The implementation of the amendments to the Auditing Profession Act [APA]
b) Implementation of the Disciplinary Hearing Strategy
c) Implementation of the Protection of Personal Information Act [POPIA]
d) Development of Intellectual Property Portfolio
e) Records Management Digitisation
The ancillary purpose of the job is to promote legal compliance and delivery of strategic
objective, as well as providing support to the Director: Legal in the execution of the mandate
of the legal department or that of the Company
- LLB Degree
- Project Management / legislative drafting and interpretation course would be an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 (five) post qualification legal experience, 3 (three) of which were within a corporate legal environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation i.e. APA, POPIA , PFMA
- Experience in project managements, inclusive of the development of project management tools
- Experience in legislative implementation
- Experience in legislative interpretation
- Experience in compliance, would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Company and its mandate.
- Proficiency in MS Office
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Determination of project scope, budgets, key stakeholders, individual project streams and inter-project dependencies.
- Project costing
- Development, update and maintenance of relevant project implementation plans and supporting tools
- Planning, coordination, controlling and managing all project resources, deliverables and milestones through the life cycle of the project
- Managing and reporting project risks and forecasting of all portfolios
- Manage and Assist project rollout managers and task owners to ensure timeous delivery of tasks and within available budget
- Review documents submitted in line with the project plan and input thereon
- Deliver on allocated project deliverables or tasks
- Manage and facilitate steering committee(s) or task teams, inclusive of management of relevant project meetings for the specific deliverables.
- Create a structure for teamwork between all parties involved to ensure successful execution of a project according to project plan.
- Ensure legislative and internal policy compliance in respect of every project deliverable and generated documentation
- Compile bi-weekly and monthly progress reports
- Facilitate and submit requests for approval of documents to relevant committees and/or board.
- Project close out.
- Provision of any other lawful support to the Director: Legal
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Deadline driven with high level of accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Unquestionable ethics, integrity and commitment
- Leadership skills
- Exceptional drafting skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Analytical skills
- Innovative and computer savvy
Closing Date: 14 May 2021